It’s been a while but the next version has been achieved.
It is here (Edit; bug fix in new link)
These things always take longer than expected but a good deal has been added.
- A lot has been changed under the hood. The system that damage use now reflects more what I want the feel to be.
- Counter attacks and status effects now exist! Or at least the systems do, though counter attacks are a thing. Statuses will be.
- More gear!
- More moves!
- More Arenas! Nearing game progression.
- A calendar to let you know when battles are available.
- You can now name a gladiator when you acquire them. Fancy having a school of famous playwrights who beat down everyone with rebar? This can happen.
- Experience! You can’t see it, but it’s there. Like life kinda.
- Facility upgrades so that your guys train better.
- Very minuscule amounts of logic. Your gladiators will be more likely to disengage from each other if they are tired or wounded.
- After reading my notes it would seem gladiators cannot be tired yet, future implementation note!
Many of the systems are an attempt to make it so that simply buying one gladiator and binge-ing said gladiator to all powerful face crusher, is no longer viable.
More thoughts on this later